Thursday, June 24, 2021

The Birthday Followup Post

It is now a few days after my 27th birthday and it feels like very little, if anything, changed. The pandemic is finally starting to evaporate in my area and things are starting to return to normal, but I still don't have any plans to make appearances at major conventions hours away from my residence as I have from 2016 to 2019. That said as the summer starts to close in late July or even August or early September I would like to get back to meeting with friends IRL and find other ways to get some of the motivation I lost in the middle of the pandemic back.

I'm saying this since after having stalled getting it for Christmas, I finally own an authentic copy of Game Maker Studio 2 on both my Macintosh and my PC. However, I don't feel like I'm ready for the program just yet, in part due to the aforementioned lack of motivation brought on by the pandemic, me not really being sure where to start learning the ins and outs of the program, some extra bits of setup, and me trying to improve my conditions and physical health IRL. You could also say that since this is unfamiliar territory for me I'm hesitant to just jump straight in, especially since I've been more accustomed to being in the director role than coding the project itself, considering the relative age of most of my concepts. Then again the tutorials exist so I might as well do a bunch of those.

I also have a couple of minor projects left that I'd like to get to beforehand before I decide to jump into Game Maker full force, namely my first piece of full art since September 2019 as well as the last big update to my Sonic Robo Blast 2 skin color pack. And that's not getting into the many character bios and game concepts I'd like to document and share parts of before I start considering developing them proper.

Other plans of mine include planning out a full website to better house my works and conceptual ideas as well as launch a new, more smartly-run Discord server. Even if the former ever were to come into existence, this blog will still remain intact and I'll continue to use it into the foreseeable future for things not related to content that would be on the site and Aozora as a whole. But for now, this blog will remain my central hub. For anyone interested in my original characters, I will eventually get started with building up my Toyhouse with smaller/abridged bios for everyone as an alternate to the Aozora Wiki.

That's all for now, See you in July!

No comments: