Thursday, May 27, 2021

Maze-Kun (PC-88) Game Rip

With the end of May upon us, I thought I'd go and post a soundtrack I ripped earlier in the month just so there's some activity in times where it's really, really hard to be productive with the state the world is in (even if my home state is making progress).


This is Maze-Kun, a puzzle game from 1989 that has a heavy Sokoban feel. It was released on both the PC-88 and MSX2, but as the MSX2 version is really hard to find, this rip focuses on the more easily-accessible PC-88 version, containing all seven tracks. In all honesty it's not exactly something I'd call "my favorite" when it comes to game music and the less I can say about... whatever you'd call the Pro Level theme, the better. Needless to say if I was ripping these for personal use like what I've been doing on my original Mac for a decade, it would just be the Beginner level theme and the title screen, however for the sake of providing a complete product and especially now that I'm posting these online, I'm pretty much required to do a full rip no matter my personal opinion on one or more of the tracks.

As usual you can grab the entire thing at this link.

No comments: