Saturday, June 15, 2024

The post-30th Birthday Blog

Well then, 30 years of being on this planet.

For those not in the know, June 14th was my 30th birthday. And honestly I don't really have much to write about it. By this point, birthdays mostly just "happen" with little fanfare. These years I typically save Christmas as the big "go all out with gifts and etc" moment since I don't have conventions around that point that get the lion's share of my wallet. Of course my birthday still gives me an excuse to take the day off, go out to local arcades to spend a few hours playing games, and enjoy some homemade cake. And sometimes that's all I need to make me say "You know what, I had a good day today."

While I was deep into making this blogpost, there was something that alluded me last Spring: This year marks the 15th anniversary of Super Justin: the Blog. Yeah, surprising right? I originally started this blog in March 2009 at the age of 14, and since then the blog has changed and evolved so much, pivoting to longer and more professionally-written post about my projects, experiences with conventions, and other things I enjoy. And of course there will be many more things to come in the future as I work on digging myself out of this creative slump that I found myself in following a particular worldwide event from 2020 and move forwards with several particular ventures I've been eyeing up for some time now. As for what's next for this blog, I plan to start on the entry dedicated to sharing my experiences with Cradle Con and Brooklyn Comic Con before it becomes far too late and I have to head out for another two events in August. And if you're not into the convention scene around here, don't worry! There will be other posts to check out, provided I don't get too distracted with other pastimes while writing them...

And so, a new decade of Super Justin: the Blog starts.

No comments: