Thursday, October 13, 2022

Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch: A comprehensive tutorial


 Hey everyone. I'm going to keep this post brief since it's something I've been wanting to get to making for some time to help introduce new people into the world of Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch the same way I was all the way back in 2012.

Yup. I wrote a quick-start guide on how to install the game and several additional pieces of information I consider essential to first time players with the goal of keeping it updated over time to simplify any parts that may be too much and make any corrections. Believe me, setting up the game has gotten much, much easier compared to the old days of the 2010's when the program you had to use to go online did not come bundled with the game and had to be set up from square one, which is quite the amount of effort needed just to play multiplayer across the web.

I'm planning to make a sort of retrospective blog entry on my history with 8-Bit Deathmatch in the future, but for now I wanted to get this out the door and into people's laps so more players can check the game out now that its single-player story mode is now complete and the multiplayer component has been made much, much more accessible.

Without further ado, here is the complete tutorial. Feel free to give suggestions and feedback if there's something I'm missing or if there's any errors. I also made a version viewable on the Cutstuff forums for this reason.

No comments: