Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Beginning of September message +Wii Fit mini-criticism

Well, look who's here for some more news. Well, not really news, but I still would like to mention a few things.

Now that August has concluded, school is getting much closer. So starting from September 7th, I won't be active very much on weekdays, but I'm sure none of you care about my activity time on any site, so consider that little tidbit of information useless. and not important.

This is also not much important, but I thought I should throw it in anyways just for kicks. I'm also trying to loose some of the fat that's hanging around my stomach (yea, I'm one of those guys. >_>) by significantly reducing the amount of fries and soda I consume, trying healthier foods, and getting off my lousy bum and excersising more often. Wii Fit is probably my best routine, but there's only one problem. There's too few games built in (c'mon, Only 25?), the controls are often un-responsive (like for that stupid chicken mini-game Bird's Eye Bulls-eye). and the majority of the games themselves last only an extremely short amount of time. The Boxing game has perhaps the longest length (next to the Free Run at 30 minutes.) of any of the other games, but it gets too boring. Maybe if there was a lot more variety of fun, and exciting games that used the Balance Board alongside the Wii Remove with and without the Nunchuck, and improved soundtrack, then I'd like it a lot more and actually would be spending hours. on it. Also, another thing I'd like changed and/or removed is the high score table for all the games. C'mon, this isn't the type of game that even needs a high score chart. Competition in a fitness game? No can do.

Now let's talk about my current level of skill when it comes to artwork. It seems that several of my recent artworks have enjoyed quite a lot of praise compared to the ones that came earlier this year, generally thanks to the fact that I'm using Poser 8 to create the posses, then drawing over them in Photoshop. Although I'd like to also master drawing poses by hand w/o the use of such a program just incase I want to draw artwork away from my Macintosh, which speaking of my Mac, is staring to run very slowly at random moments, even if it has 163 gigabytes of space left. Although I'm using a new utility called AdBlocker which actually blocks and removes adds completely, compared to the inferior AdBlock which doesn't do the job anymore. (though it did work a bit when I first downloaded it a while ago during the beginning of this year, but not for all the sites).

Well, I got nothing more to say, so I'll end here.

1 comment:

Joe said...

What browser are you using? I use Firefox and have no problems. I do see ads, but not the annoying pop-ups. I also use NoScript which can be annoying on sites like Newgrounds but is better than nothing.

Do you have both AdBlocker and AdBlock running at the same time? If yes, remove the one you don't like. having two anit-viruses/ads/spywares can really slow you down and cause all kinds of quirks and false positives.

I know on Windows, Apple programs will start up when Windows starts up. I have to turn them off manually in program preferences and or utilities such as msconfig. (I just looked at it and saw more stuff that needed to go.) Is there anything like that on Macs? Turning off iTunes can really free up resources.

Starting to get a little long winded. There are plenty of people on the web who actually know what they are talking about that can help you.