Sunday, July 2, 2023

The Twitter Alternatives

This is going to be a shorter blog post than you're likely used to, but I thought I'd update you all on a few more sites I joined in the wake of many controversial changes made to Twitter in the past few months. These are currently light on content and I will be treating these as a mix of my normal and art/creative focused Twitter accounts (the latter of which has not seen much activity as I am currently occupied with both my personal health and finishing some leftover WIP's). Two of these sites are Twitter-styled social media sites and the third is a site that I did not see myself ever joining until recently.

Mastodon

Bluesky (currently in beta, future-proofing for when the site opens or for those with access)

Tumblr

If Twitter becomes completely uninhabitable due to all of these changes, I will likely migrate most of my social posting online to across these three sites. Until then, I'm keeping my focus to Twitter, even if the site's algorithm has been detrimental to my account and the many, many interests I have.

No comments: