Thursday, March 24, 2022

Sonic the Hedgehog Hack Series Recordings- Version September 2021


A few years back I posted a small album of custom music tracks recorded from various ROM hacks made for the original classic Sonic the Hedgehog trilogy. Following the original post from 2017, I ripped a small sprinkle of other music tracks from hacks that released afterwards and into the following years, yet I never thought of making another public update to the album for various reasons. And if you've been following me for a while then you should all remember what happened in late 2020, I lost pretty much everything that I didn't back up online or had on one of my other computers which included these post-online uploaded tracks from the Sonic Hack Series Recordings.

So after holding off on the project for almost a year, I got inspired to do a full second round of ROM hack music rips back in Autumn 2021. And this time, all the new songs would be under a new "Part II" album to distinguish them from the first wave of songs four years prior. Some of the songs are rips from hacks covered in the original collection, while the majority of the set is from all new faces to the Hack Series Recordings. As with before, I could only rip songs that were available through an in-game sound test and, if they weren't, were available to record through standard gameplay without being disrupted by sound effects.

This time around, the songs are a mixture of rips from the following hacks:

  • I Made You a Salad!
  • Metal Sonic Rebooted
  • Mr. Cat's 16 Day Challenge
  • Return of Shadow
  • Studium
  • Sonic 1 Dragon Edition
  • Sonic Egg Factory ReMastered
  • Sonic Legacy
  • Sonic the Hedgehog Megamix
  • Sonic the Hedgehog ReOne
  • Sonic - Project Regal
  • Tisha Mania
  • Tisha Project
Not as big of a list as last time but then again I didn't really intend to go all out as I once did as the original intent was to simply update the original music pack with newer hacks and some leftovers I initially missed and gather some of the songs that I initially lost to the hard drive crash. And before I go and leave you with the download, I'd strongly recommend playing these hacks for yourself if you have an emulator or a flash cart that can run them.

No comments: