Thursday, January 20, 2022

The New Era of 2022

Well, I'm a bit late, but this is the official beginning of the year 2022 for Super Justin: the Blog. I can't believe I've had this blog going for thirteen years with its ups and downs and I honestly wish I had more to say, but unfortunately Covid still lingers in the air and limited what I could do, and it tanked my motivation as a result.

Part of my new year's resolutions for myself included getting back to producing content regularly, mainly in the art and sprite-work department. Since they're the fields I have the most experience in, I figured grinding through them whenever inspiration strikes me until I feel motivated enough to venture into other fields of productivity later in the year. Another potential future endeavor would include getting into game streaming on Twitch, mostly as a means of showing off games that I don't think get enough recognition. Of course I need to upgrade my kit--unsure about a facecam but I am certainly considering a reliable capture card incase I decide to play something I can't on emulators or my current PC build and a better, more comfortable and reliable headset with its own volume controls independent of my computer's. If only there was a way to try different brands of headsets before I committed to an order, cause I do not enjoy getting my hairs stuck on plastic and/or metal and my skull being crushed.

The much bigger activities I intended to get into last year, including coding/game development and website design didn't happen, at it felt too overwhelming with my current lack of motivation ontop of having a bunch of smaller projects left over and still needing to be finished from at least 2020. Many of my game development ideas from last year still exist and I'm holding them over until I feel ready to spend time and tackle them proper. Hopefully when the pandemic starts to die down for real and I can start making big ventures out into public I'll get more motivated to pick up these bigger ventures.

As for art, my priority is still the Aozora boys' group art first and then the Aozora girls' group afterwards, whenever it be just Keisha and Sakaki or them plus Patrica and Brenda, but with how slow this 4-person group is shaping up I'm likely better off dividing them into two groups. As for sprites my current priority is finishing up some long-overdue racers for SRB2Kart and progress on a few others that I'll try to finish up later in the year. And that's not even accounting for my many other spriting projects- which will likely see a resurgence if game development/design kicks off.

Speaking of game development, one thing I was considering, if the games I create have a simple-enough design to the point where an editor can be constructed and made easy to use, I may open up offers for people to design levels for these games and the best ones would be added to the final products and subsequent updates/overhauls. Otherwise don't expect anything related to game development for a good, good while since times lately have been a little rougher than usual and the sooner I can go into public places without feeling like I'm going to fall ill the next day, the better.

Anyways, I'll see you next time.

No comments: