Monday, June 29, 2020

The late June experience

Yeayea, I know I had planned to make a post for my birthday but it kind of just fell by the wayside. Especially now that adulthood means birthdays have not as much oomph as they once did and my inability to go and do things outside my home severely limits what I could have done on that day anyways. It was a fine birthday all things considered but it does leave me wishing for more.

Con-wise, as I established already, pretty much every con up to Long Island Retro Gaming Expo was dropped due to the ongoing virus (you can do online events and such but they don't have much of the charm that makes cons fun to attend for me). That leaves the two New York-based conventions as the only cons that are still planning to welcome guests on their respective dates.

With how things are progressing and the fact I had to miss more than half of the major conventions I was planning on attending this year (plus considering how crowded these cons in particular got last year especially with AnimeNYC's new layout and boosted attendance), I may hold off on attending these last two cons if they were to avoid the cancel-hammer out of safety for myself and since I kind of need the break from cons after spending 2017, 2018, and 2019 going to convention after convention and convention.

They get kinda expensive too and trying to get tickets and find parking at the cons themselves was as counter-productive as ever (except for the local cons) but let's not talk about that.

I'll probably reserve plans for SRB2Kart and what else is on the table for a post next month.

No comments: