Thursday, January 16, 2014

Java Troubleshooting

Hello everyone.

Recently Oracle made an update to their utility known as Java. Since then I haven't been able to start up any online Java applications, even to the point where the Java Icon doesn't appear on my Dock and a Java console window won't appear on the top-left of my screen. It may be related to my home folder not being in the same hard drive as my system's Library (Java Preferences do not allow me to change the location of the main Java data files).
I also should note I have Adblock on. Because screw you I don't want any spyware and tracking cookies on my Mac.

If you want to help, I need some checking with what I have checked under "Advanced":

1 comment:

Joe said...

Let me preface this by saying I'm a Window$ user. Though I have had some experience with Mac.

First double check and make sure that the version of Java you're using is compatible with the version of OS X you are using. If not DON'T go back to an old version. Because Java is a hacker's paradise. Always use the latest version.

If that isn't it then uninstall Java completely and reinstall it.

Third you can try setting up you're folders the way Apple intended, install Java, then move everything around. Or make folders were Java would expect them to be and see if it will run that way.